Invitation to the Netherlands Lounge at ACODAL 2024
The Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP) and Holland House Colombia, in close cooperation with the Dutch Embassy in Colombia and with the support of the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO), will organize the joint Dutch participation in the 67th ACODAL Water, Waste and Energy Congress, taking place on the 5th, 6th and 7th of June 2024 in Cartagena, Colombia.
For this year, ACODAL has heard the call from the sector and returns to Cartagena for their congress. This is especially beneficial for the Dutch participation as Cartagena is not only eagerly visited by Colombian business people because of its charisma and nice climate, it is also the focal point of Dutch-Colombian cooperation in the water sector. The Water as Leverage program that the Dutch government set up there leads to many opportunities for Dutch companies and a strong positioning in the local sector.
Existing cooperation between Colombia and the Netherlands
For many years, Colombia has been one of the priority countries for the Netherlands, its international cooperation programs and for the Dutch water and energy sectors. Prominent master plans were developed using Dutch knowledge and expertise, and embraced by Colombia. Dutch water companies are active in the country through the involvement of VEI in the IDB Compass program and the bilateral Blue Deal-InspirAgua program, while increased energy demand combined with recent developments in wind and solar energy projects offer opportunities for Dutch companies in the energy sector.
As mentioned above, recently the Dutch government set up the Water as Leverage program in Cartagena. This program aims to support Cartagena in the formulation and implementation of environmentally, socially and financially sustainable infrastructure projects that strengthen climate adaptation and urban resilience. The program is in its second year now, having already led to ideas for possible projects and a strong positioning of the Netherlands among relevant stakeholders.
Opportunities for Dutch companies
The vast majority of the more complex water, waste and energy technology is imported. The growing market and the lack of domestic suppliers offer many opportunities for the Dutch water, waste and energy sectors, such as:
- Improving water supply in rural areas through decentralized systems.
- Implementing technological innovations for urban WWTP.
- Improving the quality and coverage of drinking water networks.
- Implementing innovative technologies, concepts and solutions for waste management.
- Providing hardware and software solutions for renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Promoting cross-sectoral information and control systems for evidence-based decision making.
- Promoting the use of sustainable infrastructure, adapted to the differential needs of the territories and the implementation of innovative and efficient technologies.
- Articulating public policies and planning for the drinking water and basic sanitation sector between different levels of government and with the private and academic sectors.
Joining the Dutch delegation offers you the following benefits
- Participation in the collective visits (to be planned on the day before the fair);
- Good promotion and visibility in the joint Netherlands Pavilion;
- Entrance tickets for the congress;
- Presentation of your company during the academic part of the congress;
- Matchmaking conversations with visitors;
- Networking reception at the Netherlands Lounge;
- Listing in the exhibition catalog;
- Promotion through the Dutchwatersector.com platform.
How to participate
Thanks to the support from the Dutch government, the participation costs per company are only EUR 890, plus travel and accommodation. A maximum of 10 companies can participate. Registration may be done through this link.
If you are interested in participating or would like more information, please contact Wessel Mol at email@example.com and Joyce Gielen at firstname.lastname@example.org.