NETHERLANDS PAVILION ACODAL 2022
Invitation to participate in the Dutch delegation to the 65th ACODAL water, waste and energy congress
13 - 15 July in Bogotá, Colombia
With the support of the Dutch Enterprise Agency (RVO), the Netherlands Water Partnership (NWP) and Holland House Colombia in close cooperation with the Dutch Embassy in Colombia will organize the joint Dutch participation in the 65th ACODAL water, waste and energy congress.
The Colombian market:
- In 2021, the Colombian government invested over €660 million in improving water and sanitation services with the goal of providing continuous supply to 3 million Colombians who did not yet have these facilities. The planned investments in these facilities through 2030 amount to more than €11 billion.
- The Colombian government presented its climate strategy to 2050 at the 2021 world summit, a strategy that represents an opportunity for cleaner and more sustainable economic and social development. The E2050 bets on comprehensive management of biodiversity, sustainable production and consumption, differentiated rural, marine and coastal development, sustainable mobility and infrastructure.
- Aligned with those Colombian policies and within the water cooperation framework with the Netherlands, government, and business representatives as well as researchers from both countries have exchanged expertise on water opportunities and challenges.
- For many years, Colombia has been one of the priority countries for the Netherlands, its international cooperation programs and for the Dutch water sector. Prominent master plans were developed using Dutch knowledge and expertise, and embraced by Colombia.
- Dutch water companies are active in the country through the Water WorX-VEI and Blue Deal-InspirAgua programs.
- The vast majority of the more complex water technology is imported. The growing market and the lack of domestic suppliers offer many opportunities for the Dutch water sector. Considering as well that the country has a relatively open policy towards foreign suppliers and businesses.
Joining the Dutch delegation offers you the following benefits:
- Participation in the collective visits (to be planned on the day before the fair);
- Good promotion and visibility in the joint Netherlands Pavilion. The Lounge is almost twice as big as in previous years, 16 M2!
- Entrance tickets for the congress;
- Presentation by your company during the academic part of the congress;
- Matchmaking conversations with visitors;
- Networking reception at the Netherlands Pavilion;
- Listing in the exhibition catalog;
- Promotion through the Dutchwatersector.com platform.
“According to the Water Sector Export Index (WEX 2021), the untapped potential for Dutch exporters of water and delta technology in Latin America is large and evident. According to the latest projections, only 7% and 9% of the total is exported to Latin America respectively.”
- Building and strengthening the position of the Dutch water sector within Colombia, thanks to the participation of a larger and more visible delegation of Dutch companies.
- Promoting integrated solutions by also encouraging the participation of Dutch companies related to waste management, energy and circular economy.
- Establishing relevant contacts with key decision makers, influencers and financing institutions such as the World Bank, IADB, CAF, Findeter, etc. as well as with the most relevant potential clients, customers, utilities and potential distributors and/or agents.
- Positioning of the Netherlands as a knowledge partner in the themes that will be central to the during the Congress: 1) Innovation, 2) Water reuse and Circular Economy, 3) Smart cities, 4) Climate change and impact.
is the association for the water, waste and energy sector in Colombia. The annual Acodal Congress is the trade fair for the water and environmental sector in Colombia with 3,000 professional visitors. For years the congress has been known as the platform for the water, waste and energy sector in Colombia and the Latin America region, working in close cooperation with central government, ministries (environment, housing) and authorities (CAR, Findeter)
Participation through the Pavilion is an accessible way to bring supply and demand together, create high visibility for Dutch expertise and technology, explore and capitalize on opportunities thanks to the central location in Bogotá which ensures participation from all parts of Colombia and has also increased regional appeal. As a result of intensive cooperation with the regional interest groups AIDIS and WEF, no fewer than 23 countries were represented at the last edition of Acodal.
For major challenges, Colombia is looking for Dutch expertise and technology:
- Better water supply in rural areas through decentralized systems.
- Implementing technological innovations for urban WWTP.
- Improving the quality and coverage of drinking water networks.
- Climate adaptation strategies.
- Implementation of better measurement and control systems.
- Innovative technologies, concepts and solutions for waste management, renewable energy, energy efficiency and circular construction.
Colombia offers Dutch companies in the water sector many opportunities. The Acodal Conference is therefore interesting for a broad target group. From innovative Dutch SMEs to renowned knowledge institutions. The participation will be centered around the following themes that have been identified as promising:
- Technology and Innovation for Wastewater Treatment
- Water & Energy Nexus
- Water management and resilience
- Water & Circular Economy
Thanks to the support from the Dutch government, the participation costs per company are only EUR 475, plus travel and accommodation. A maximum of 10 companies can participate.
If you are interested in participating or would like more information, please contact Jan Willem van Bokhoven, firstname.lastname@example.org and Noortje Pellens, email@example.com